Sunday 21 February 2010

Puppy Mills and Broken Hearts


Happy 2 years to the day since my last blog. Have I mentioned how positively crappy I am at blogging?

Drum roll please....I drove on the Queensway today. I hate the Queensway, but I did it anyway. My palms were all sweaty and I was shaking, but I made it. Small accomplishments are a great boost to the ego. The reason that I was on the Queensway was that we were visiting a puppy rescue shelter today in Navan.

My heart is now broken. We were going there to meet a little girl Westie, named Nessie. She is a smaller, gentler, yellower version of Seamus. She was a very sweet dog and it broke my heart to have to drive away without her. We have filled out the paperwork and now have to convince Terry that we have to save her. He seems resigned to the fact that we may be getting another dog. He's definitely going to be pushing for living in the country now!

One day at a time....I may actually post again about whether or not we bring Nessie into the family. The poor thing deserves a loving home after being in a puppy mill for her whole life. Heart. Is. Breaking.

No comments: