Friday 10 January 2014

Should Have Worn My Fat Pants

Last night was a wonderful evening. I was lucky enough to get to go out to The Keg Manor for dinner (and I didn't have to pay!)

First of all, let me say, what a gorgeous building. The restaurant is in an old manor named Maplelawn that was built between 1831 and 1834. I love homes from that time frame. The details in the architecture and decor were breath taking for me. 

Then, there was the food. One of my dinner mates insisted that I get the French Onion soup as a starter. Big mistake. I think I was full after that and I only had half of the bowl of soup! The staff was lovely and made me a vodka gimlet, even though it wasn't on the menu. I was able to channel my inner Betty Draper. 

For my main meal, I chose a filet mignon wrapped in applewood bacon and a twice baked potato as my side.  It was beyond scrumptious. For dessert (of which I should not partaken), I had a lovely Creme Brûlée.  And a specialty coffee too, of course. I think I ordered the b-52 coffee, but honestly at that point I was so outrageously full that I thought I was going to die. 

All in all, despite my gluttony, I had a fabulous evening. The food, drink, atmosphere, conversation and our server, Jason, were perfect. 


No comments: