Saturday 11 January 2014

Spontaneous Tea Time

Happy Saturday!

Well, it is now. Today didn't start out on the right foot, but a simple cup of tea has turned all of that around. 

For the record, my mood was fine, but a nasty headache was hampering my enjoyment. (It was an ice pick headache which is most unpleasant and was interfering with the vision in my right eye.)

Despite this, or perhaps because I was grateful to pawn off my children for the afternoon in exchange for some peace and quiet, I was once again Chauffeur Mommy. And of course these visits could not be coordinated for the same time. So off I went with Boy 2, followed by a half hour lie down in hopes of letting the ibuprofen kick in, and then I took Miss Hollywood off to her friend's house to work on a school project. After chatting for a few minutes in the foyer, I was invited in for a cup of tea. I looked like hell, but thought why not. And just like that, without any pre-planning I was able to be social. Able to be more than a mom. Woot! 

It was so nice and relaxing and I'm envious of her gigantic kitchen in which we were able to chit chat and make plans to go garage saling in the spring. My headache all but disappeared. Then I came home......

No comments: